Monday 3 December 2018

Healthy Parent Carer Programme

I am really excited and proud to be working - as an Assistant Facilitator - on the Healthy Parent Carer Programme, which is run by PenCRU at Exeter University. The parent carers of children with additional needs are vulnerable to poor health and wellbeing and are often marginalised. Through a series of six workshops, the programme aims to improve health and wellbeing among this group. During the first half of 2019, the programme will be run in six locations in Devon and Cornwall.

My own role on the project is as an Assistant Facilitator. I am looking forward to further develop my workshop and participatory facilitation skills that I have developed through my own participatory research. On Thursday 22 and Friday 23 November 2018, I attended excellent and inspiring facilitator training workshops at Exeter University. I am looking forward to contributing to the programme in 2019 and - hopefully - as it grows in the future.

You can read more about the programme and associated research here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy Parent Carers Programme

I am really excited and proud to be working - as an Assistant Facilitator - on the Healthy Parent Carer Programme, which is run by PenCRU at...